People with a monument in Old Portsmouth We are here to help the residents of Portsmouth with all aspects of their day-to-day life in the city. We want our communities to be healthy, clean, safe and supportive for every one of our residents – truly a city of which we can be proud.
Use the links on the left for more information about:
- council tax, housing benefit and council tax benefit under benefits & council tax.
- Community Wardens, community centres, play & youth services, local arts and sports clubs under community, culture & sport.
- crime, anti-social behaviour and drugs under crime.
- plannning for emergencies such as floods under emergency management & response.
- environmental & public protection, pest control, recycling & rubbish collections and trading standards under environment, waste and public protection.
- road safety, taxis and private hire vehicles, parking and roadworks under getting around.
- youth offending, foster care, and support for the elderly and people with disabilities under health & social care.
- land charges, home safety, housing repairs for council tenants, the right to buy, and help with accommodation costs under housing services.
- all the types of licences we govern under licensing .
- registering births & deaths and planning civil marriages under life events & services.
- conservation, design, and planning applications & decisions under planning.