Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth Portsmouth is famed for its naval heritage and harbour, but there is so much more to discover. Explore the fascinating museums to learn about the events and people that have shaped the city across the centuries. Visit the parks and seafront or join in with the many special events that take place here throughout the year. Portsmouth has three main shopping areas and an abundance of places to eat. Whether you live many miles away or have the delights of the city on your doorstep, why not come and enjoy it all for yourself?
If you’re coming to visit us, find out how to stay safe while you’re here.
Use the links on the left for more information about:
- places to stay under Accommodation.
- the different events that take place in Portsmouth under Events & Festivals.
- travelling and parking under Getting to Portsmouth.
- places to visit under Main Attractions and Local Interest.
- the city museums that you can visit under Museums and Public Records.
- cinemas, galleries and more under Music & Theatre Guide.
- our parks, gardens, green spaces and Britain in Bloom Parks & Open Space.
- places to eat, drink and shop under Restaurants & Shopping.
- There’s plenty more information to be found about visiting the city on Visit Portsmouth, the official visitor website.